Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Synchronicity - Let the journey begin!


Welcome to the Synchro Project blog, my name is Lesley Roy.  I am the director of the Synchro Project.  It is my desire to share with a wider audience, my personal experiences and examples of synchronicity.  In the fall of 2010, myself and James Clement van Pelt the co-founder of IRST (Initiative in Religion, Science and Technology) Yale Divinity School, hosted an International conference, the first of its kind, to discuss the emerging science of synchronicity.  The academic study, collection of anecdotal research, data and other significant first steps are well underway, but in the mean time, it is my intention to open up the discussion to everyone who has ever experienced this anomalous, amazing and frankly at times, disconcerting phenomena.  The breakthroughs in science are leading the way toward a better understanding, but as yet, there are still innumerably more questions than answers.  With that in mind, I press on to discuss my own very personal experiences of synchronicity, which I coined, "Synchros" back in 2007.  Let's begin the journey together!

If you do not get schwindlig [dizzy] sometimes when you think about these things then you have not really understood it [quantum theory]. - Neils Bohr

SynchroProject-Lesley Roy2011© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
DO NOT REPRODUCE WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION 

3 comments:

  1. Love the "neils Bohr" quote at the end of this post.... I can't begin to tell you how dizzy I get with all the wonderments of the signs and synchros. I start to research and learn and only get even more dizzy. sometimes I have to just settle with what makes most sense to me.

    My Goal: to eventually untangle the dizziness of all the questions in my head!

    I am excited that you have dedicated your time, gathered your information and joined forces with such knowledgable person, all to help find some answers ~ Yay!!

    A synchronicity from my experiences: Its as if the universe or some kind of higher power hears and feels what you wish and think (even subconsious) and then makes it happen for you. Does that make sense?

    Looking forward to adding all my synchros to the iPhone app!!

    xo,
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that Bohr quote, too. But here's a quote from the heart of mainstream science about synchronicity. Note that Strogatz even puts synchronicity in single quotes, giving it less legitimacy even as a word.

    "No evidence has ever been found for Carl Jung's idea of 'synchronicity'."
    --Steven Strogatz, the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor of Applied Mathematics at Cornell University, and is currently Director of the Center for Applied Mathematics.

    I guess he's never had a meaningful coincidence in his life or, if he has, he didn't look too deeply into it. - Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Jeni & friends: Since you are all avid Synchro Project enthusiast, you will be please to hear that I just accepted an invitation to teach a course on Synchronicity, which will stream live on ustream.tv, a video platform that reaches 44 million unique visitors per month and 22 million visitors in Japan alone! Will start filming in April and keep everyone posted.

    ReplyDelete